The Official Tee
2020 Design Contest
Designed by USC students, The 2019 Official Tee featured Trojan football players standing strong together, facing any challenges that come their way. Wearing The Official Tee ignites the Trojan Family bond that exists between students, staff, faculty and fans, now more than ever.
A new USC tradition, The Official Tee both looks good and does good, as proceeds from its sale will fund USC Athletic scholarships and programs.
Create something that is memorable and influences the course of history by designing the 2020 Official Tee of USC.
The creator of the winning design will win a $1,000 prize.
- Only current University of Southern California students are eligible.
- The theme of the design or illustration should represent USC.
- Designs may include vector graphics (line art) and text, but no photographs.
- Your design is for the front and back of the shirt and may encompass an area up to 9"x 9".
- Your design may use a maximum of five colors. These five colors must be solid colors (no tints) because the winning design will be silkscreened onto shirts.
- T-shirt color will be determined based on the winning design. You may specify a preference for a dark or light shirt color with your design entry.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material.By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Use of the University of Southern California’s logos and trademarks must be consistent with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
Submitting an Entry
- Digital entries only. High-resolution images in .eps format are preferred. We will also accept vector art entries in the following formats: .eps and pdf. All text must be converted to paths/curves. We will not accept embedded bitmap images (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .psd, .tif). Colors should be spot with no halftones.
- Submissions will be accepted through January 30, 2020.
- Submit your completed Entry Form and design to email@example.com in PDF Format.
The Fine Print
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- After reviewing all entries, will narrow the field to 2 finalists that will be posted to our social media and an email with a link will be sent to all uscbookstore.com subscribers for voting.
- Online voting will be open from February 10 to February 17, 2020.
- USC Bookstore, The Student Store on the Campus reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size, ink color, T-shirt color and artwork adjustments for compliance with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by USC Bookstore, The Student Store on the Campus including, but not limited to, the USC Bookstore, The Student Store on the Campus' website and future marketing materials, without further permission or compensation.
- All Entries will become property of The University of Southern California. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to the USC Bookstores, The Student Store on the Campus, University of Southern California.
- USC Bookstore, The Student Store on the Campus reserves the right to final decision.
- The winning design will be announced on April 2, 2020. The creator of the winning design will win a $1,000 prize.