The Official Tee
2021 Design Contest
*The official entry deadline for this contest has passed.*
Participate in a new USC tradition: The Official Tee Design Contest!
Create a unique and memorable legacy that captures the true Trojan spirit. Be inspired by our university and athletics, then enter to win $1,000 prize!
Our annual Official Tee both looks good and does good, as its proceeds benefit USC Athletic scholarships and programs.
- The theme of the design or illustration should focus on USC and USC Trojans athletics. Be inspired by staying true to our unified Trojan Spirit and the great city of Los Angeles.
- Only current University of Southern California students are eligible.
- USC Bookstore employees are not eligible to participate in the contest.
- Designs may include vector graphics (line art) and text, but no photographs
- The design is for the front and back of the shirt and may cover an area up to 9"x 9".
- T-shirt color will be determined based on the winning design. You may specify a preference for a dark or light shirt color with your design entry.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Use of the University of Southern California’s logos and trademarks must be consistent with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
Submitting an Entry
- Digital entries only. For your submission please save your vector artwork as a pdf. High-resolution images in .ai or .eps format will be requested if your entry is selected as a finalist. All text must be converted to paths/curves/outlines. We will not accept embedded bitmap images (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .psd, .tif). Colors should be spot with no halftones.
- Design submissions will be accepted through 11:59 pm, June 13, 2021. *The official entry deadline for this contest has passed.
The Fine Print
- Maximum of one entry per person.
- Voting on the USC Bookstores’ Instagram Stories will be open for a limited amount of time,based on the number of qualifying design entries and voting participation.
- USC Bookstore reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size, ink color, T-shirt color and artwork adjustments for compliance with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by USC Bookstores including, but not limited to, the USC Bookstores website and future marketing materials, without further permission or compensation.
- All Entries will become property of University of Southern California. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that any and all intellectual property rights in the logo design are deemed assigned to USC Bookstores, University of Southern California.
- USC Bookstores reserves the right to final decision.
- The winning design will be announced in July 2021. The creator of the winning design will win a $1,000 prize.