The 2023 Sustainability
T-Shirt Design Contest
DEADLINE FEBRUARY 13, 2023
You’re invited to participate in the USC Sustainability T-Shirt Design Contest! Create a unique and memorable design that represents Trojan Spirit and our university’s Assignment: Earth mission towards a better environment.
- Only current University of Southern California students are eligible to enter.
- The design’s theme should focus on USC and Assignment: Earth elements, staying true to our unified Trojan Spirit and caring for our environment.
- Designs should be monochromatic (containing or using only one color).
- Designs may include vector graphics (line art) and text, but no photographs.
- The design is for the front, back and sleeve (optional) of the shirt and may cover an area up to 9"x 9".
- Finalists' art files must be saved in a vector format with fonts outlined in an SVG, EPS or Adobe Illustrator file. The design may include text, illustrations, or USC logos but cannot include jpeg or tiff files or any image files, including photographs.
- T-shirt color will be determined based on the winning design.
- The design must be your own original, unpublished work and must not include any third-party logos or copyrighted material. By entering the competition, you agree that your submission is your own work.
- Use of University of Southern California Spirit Marks and Athletic Marks is allowed and will be replaced with official logos prior to winning tee being printed. Trademarks must be consistent with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
Submitting an Entry:
- Digital entries only. Please save your vector artwork as a pdf for submission. High-resolution images in .ai or .eps format will be requested if your entry is selected as a finalist. All text must be converted to paths/curves/outlines. We will not accept embedded bitmap images (.bmp, .jpg, .png, .psd, .tif).
- Design submissions will be accepted through 11:59 pm, February 13, 2023.
The Fine Print
- One entry per person.
- Contest voting will be open for a limited amount of time, based on the number of qualifying design entries and voting participation.
- USC Bookstore reserves the right to make changes to the winning design before printing, including changes in image size, ink color, T-shirt color and artwork adjustments to comply with USC Trademarks & Licensing guidelines.
- By submitting your design, you grant permission for your design to be used by USC Bookstores and USC Sustainability including, but not limited to, their websites and future marketing materials, without further permission or compensation.
- All Entries will become property of University of Southern California. By submitting an entry, each entrant agrees that all intellectual property rights in the design are deemed assigned to USC Bookstores, University of Southern California.
- USC Bookstore reserves the right to final decision.
- The winning design will be announced in April 2023.
- The winning design t-shirt will be produced on sustainably sourced materials.